Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Follow Me Around: Chicago!


Hello lovelies! I'm back from my short family trip. We decided to try something new and exciting, Chicago! 

Chicago is roughly 3 hours away from our home. We have many family friends that have been and always recommend us to go. We finally broke down and decided to try it. 

We left our home at around 7:45 am and drove 3 hours. We checked the weather and it said that it was going to be warm and sunny...so that's how we dressed ourselves, for warm and sunny weather.



The photo above is from when we arrived. If you can't tell by the photo, it was extremely foggy and cold.. NOT sunny and warm. Chicago is known as 'The Windy City' and that is for sure true. 


Here is my original outfit of the day...but we froze our butts off so we ended up buying 
anything to warm us up! We parked near the Navy Pier and decided to walk everywhere..
What a workout! I thoroughly enjoyed just walking through the city and stumbling upon
things I haven't seen before.




The buildings and architecture were so beautiful...It was unlike anything I have ever seen! 


Time for shopping! The Magnificent Mile is a mile long shopping experience. It hosts shops like 
Burberry, Zara, Cartier, Tiffany's, Topshop, H&M, etc. 



The Burberry building was definitely breathtaking! I absolutely loved the outfits in the window as 
well, that riveted skirt is to die for! So beautiful!





For lunch, we went to Giordano's. Everyone we talked to recommended this restaurant
 and now I see why! I had never tried Chicago-style pizza, but I'm in love after eating Giordano's! So deliciously yummy, I HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone who is thinking of going to Chicago. (:






Ahhhhhhh! I finally got to go to Topshop after lusting after their clothing for years. It's about time!
I was running around that store like a chicken with its head cut off...going through the racks and 
trying to find things! They had an amazing sale on, too bad I didn't have a lot of money with me. 
I tried on a denim skirt, dress, and overalls..but I decided to buy the skirt because it was only $30, 
and I would get the most wear out of it. I love how versatile it is. I thought that the sizing would run
small, much like Forever 21, but I was pleasantly surprised when I tried on a 10 and it fit. 

Also, the man who worked the till was so sweet. I checked out in the Topman section because the 
line was shorter, and got a plain bag. He heard me talking to my mom about the holographic cat bag, 
and he walked me over to the girl's till to switch out my bag. So kind!



I added these photos of All Saints because they had an amazing building...as well as some of the most 
flawless clothing I've ever seen. 




Updated outfit of the day photo, haha! It got extremely windy and cold, so my lovely mum
found this cute pullover at h&m. I just threw it on over my collared top and let the collar peek out.



After some shopping, we took a break at Millennium Park. We vistited the bean of course, 
total tourists. haha (:  The sun eventually came out, so we warmed up a bit, which was nice. 
It was a really great park to lounge around in!






We then walked about 10 to 12 blocks to the French market of Chicago. It was the cutest little place, 
with vendors lined up in row. They play traditional French music and have a sitting area set up with cute little tables and chairs. We decided to get pastries from Delightlful Pastries because we were craving them. Mum got a fruit tart (yum!), I got a berry chocolate mouse cup (even more yum!), and we both got pistachio macarons (mmmm!). We thought, heck why not, we've walked a ton today! 
The pastries were delicious and well worth the long walk!


Overall, I absolutely loved Chicago. We only spent a day there, but we will definitely go back! I was very surpised at how clean the city is kept and how friendly the people were. There is so much to see and experience. Next time we go, we want to hit up the museums, suburbs, and cultural
areas. I definitely recommend Chicago for anyone who likes to travel. (:

Have any of you been to Chicago? If so, did you like it? (:

Au revoir, 











10 comments:

  1. Chicago looks amazing. I've been to their airport about a million times but I've never gotten to see the city!

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are invited to my "International Giveaway sponsored by Naked Minerals."

    Visit: http://beauty-fulll.blogspot.com/2013/06/international-giveaway-by-naked-minerals.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Everyone,How are you.Excellent working Today Join your Platform got new information..My pray with you Dear Friend......Got more Success Blessings in the name of GLORY.
    Join our Platform Part our Work.
    Massasje Stavanger
    Rynkekrem
    Anti aldring
    Botox Stavanger
    Brystforstørrelse
    Askorbinsyre
    Laserbehandling mot rynker
    Porer i huden
    Behandling mot rynker Stavanger
    Rynker
    Brystløft Stavanger
    Hudpleie Stavanger
    Hudpleie produkter
    Massasje Stavanger
    Elixir Cosmeceuticals
    STAY BLESSINGS!

    THANKS
    JOHNS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Chicago but after seeing this picture post I want to visit it some day. <3 Can't wait till part 2 of your trip!
    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! Great photography by the way! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant photos, looks like you had fun! LOVE Topshop!!
    thanks for following :) :)
    Hayley
    xx

    www.desdemonavintage.blogspot.com
    www.hayleyrocks.moonfruit.com

    ReplyDelete