Monday, June 24, 2013

My Favorite Lipsticks


Hello lovelies! I'm a massive lipstick fan, so I thought it would be fun to share some of my
 favorite lipsticks with you all! I tried my best to capture the exact colors of the lipstick, I hope they come off as the proper shades. Some of the photos may look small, but you can click on the photo to enlarge it.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 668 Primrose

I have read so many MAC dupe lists, and this always seems to be included as a dupe for 'Snob', which is a very popular MAC lipstick. I do not have a MAC store anywhere near me, and I wanted to see what it looked like, so I picked this up at the drugstore. I absolutely love the light pink shade, I think it has a blue or purple-ish undertone. 


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 680 Temptress

 I love how wearable this shade is. It goes with everything, and I think it would suit everyone.


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 683 Demure

This is a gorgeous peachy nude shade. It's almost a 'my lips but better' color! Very nice for everyday wear because it is not very noticeable.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 17

This is a very sheer pink. It's almost has a lipgloss-like appearance, but without being sticky.


Flower Beauty Kiss Stick Luxury Lip Color in  LS14 Coral Floret 

I love a good coral lipstick, and this one is no exception! It has a nice orange base to it. The only problem is that it can be difficult to apply.


Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Moss in 109

What do you know...another coral! This one has a more red base and is actually more a matte finish in  person.


NYC Lipstick in 308 Retro Red

I cannot rave enough about this lipstick. It has the smoothest consistency and applies very easily. I love the shine it gives off, and I don't have to apply a lipgloss on top of it. Can't go wrong with a great lipstick that is less than $1!


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 006 Really Red

I tried my best to capture the texture of this lipstick on the lips. I love the matte finish. The color looks very dark in the tube, but when applied, it is more of a medium red. I think this is great to venture out with if you haven't tried red lipstick before. 


Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 010 Wine Not

Ooooh I love dark, vampy lips. I love this lipstick because it is matte but not drying! With a vampy color like this, I always go a bit more minimal on the rest of my makeup. I like that this color is a bit mysterious, hahaha. 


Okay, so those are my favorites at the moment! What are some of your favorite lipsticks? Do you prefer a shiny, cream, or matte lipstick? (:

Au revoir, 















22 comments:

  1. LOVE the last one! huge fan of gothic/vampy things! Definitely gonna have to get my hands on that! you have great lipstick taste ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice colors! The primrose shade reminds me a lot of "champagne" which is my fave light pink by revlon!
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check 'champagne' out! (: x

      Delete
  3. Primrose is one of my favorites as well! Such a pretty color, and no need for Snob xx

    Jordan | Boho Vanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, good! I was hoping it looks similar to Snob. (: x

      Delete
  4. I am obsessed with lipstick! I'm loving all of the red shades. This was a wonderful review! :)

    classypeach.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great post, I love the layout & the photos look so professional :) It seems you can pull off pretty much every shade of lipstick, so envious!
    Sinéad
    http://fabuleusetoujours.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that is such a nice compliment. (: x

      Delete
  6. I really love that first color. It suits you very well. I'm bookmarking this because I just find these posts so useful. Thanks for the swatches Sierra!

    Lynn | Makeup With Tea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the Primrose shade as well. (: x

      Delete
  7. Really nice range of colors. I have to try some of Revlon lip sticks, they have a nice color range:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Revlon lipsticks are so nice, I highly recommend them! x

      Delete
  8. i like all of these colours but especially NYC Lipstick in 308 Retro Red! it stands out so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Temptress, Demure, and Retro Red are now all on my shopping list. Such beautiful shades!

    erinbulger.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. really pretty shades! x

    www.ofbeautyandnothingness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow I love the primrose shade.. I have been looking for another good pink lippy that I can rely on. May have to purchase before holiday.

    Lovely blog too am now following. :) Would love for you to have a look at my blog if you like xxx

    www.lovefromhannahxo.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend it! (: x

      I've followed you now!

      Delete