Monday, June 10, 2013

Review: Covergirl Natureluxe Gloss Balms


Hello lovelies! Here's a review of the Covergirl Natureluxe Gloss Balms. 
While I was out shopping the other day, I stumbled upon these. They were on sale, and my mum had a coupon for $2 off each one, so they basically paid us to take them! Who could say no to that?! haha (:

I bought the colors: 240 Muscat, 245 Pinot, 250 Cabernet, and 270 Spice


My thoughts on the packaging: I really like the lids, but I'm not too fond of the label itself. As you can see, two of the labels peeled off. I'm not a big fan off peel off labels anyway. The tubes are green, which I would have guessed due to the 'Natureluxe' title. I've noticed that all 'nature' related makeup products are packaged in green.



240 Muscat

I really like this color! It has a warm coral undertone.




245 Pinot

This is probably my favorite of the balms I bought out of this collection. I love the raspberry color, I think it would suit most skin tones. 



250 Cabernet

My 2nd favorite! This is very similar to Pinot, but has more of a red undertone.



270 Spice

This color is more orange based. I think that it could have been more rich for it's name of 'Spice'.


Left to Right: 240 Muscat, 245 Pinot, 250 Cabernet, 270 Spice

My thoughts on these

Overall, these are fairly nice products. I am typically a more 'matte' girl, yet I liked how shiny these were without feeling the glitter on my lips. The balms don't have amazing staying power, but I didn't expect them to stay on forever due to their balm base. These balms apply much like a lipstick, but less of a color payoff. 

A review was something new for me, but I like writing them. What do you think? (: x

Au revoir, 













8 comments:

  1. ah man wish we had cover girl in the UK !:( x

    http://victoriasanusi.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear much of their makeup, but they are a good brand! (: x

      Delete
  2. I love natureluxe! It's one of my favorite tried and true beauty products.
    xx
    http://www.lipglossandlattes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The balms are the only part of the collection I have tried! They are quite nice. (: x

      Delete
  3. I really like 248! I will put these on my to buy list. I'm trying to finish off all my products I have right now :/ LOL

    xoxo
    Essie
    www.DeJour06.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand! I'm trying, but I just couldn't resist the good deal! xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review! I'm totally going to try them!! <3 Em

    http://theskinnybyemily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! You should try them, they are quite nice. (: x

      Delete