Saturday, July 6, 2013

Lifestyle Post: Child at Heart


Hello lovelies! Today's post is not going to be beauty or fashion related, fair warning. ;)

As a 17 year old, I'm at the point in my life where it's time to 'grow up' according to the real world. I've always been a bit mature for my age, but that hasn't helped when it comes to becoming an adult. I still 
enjoy watching movies for children, wearing my Minnie Mouse ears, and obsessing over all things Disney. 

During my early teen years, I thought that I couldn't like 'childish' things anymore because I wouldn't
be 'cool.' I've recently realized, we are all children at heart. Some people may deny this, but
I'm sure they still enjoy watching a good Disney movie or playing board-games from their childhood.
I know I do! 

I've always been obsessed with the Little Mermaid...and by obsessed I mean chasing her around 
Disney World when I was 14 years old...haha ;) She just represents my childhood to me, I will 
always love that film and Ariel. I have always admired her curiosity and bravery.

I don't really understand why society has forced us all to 'grow up'. What's so bad about having child-like
qualities? Children are curious, loving, honest, friendly, and playful. All of those qualities are desirable to me!  And personally, I think some of the most serious adults throw temper tantrums like children quite often! 

What I guess I'm trying to say is that you should search for your inner child and enjoy nostalgic experiences again! If you're having a bad day, take a bubble bath or watch your favorite movie from your childhood.

Life's too short to grow up too fast. (:

Au revoir,



PS: I'm eyeing up this Little Mermaid mouse ear headband...how cute is it?!?!

10 comments:

  1. LOVE the Minnie Mouse ears! Believe me, I'm obsessed with Disney even way past 17 haha :) So happy that I stumbled onto your blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 17? Don't you worry, I'm nearly 21 and still refusing to contain my inner child! It's great to have the same enjoyment of things you used to as a child, rather than having to take everything seriously. Also that headband is SO cute! :D

    Bella | BELLAETC

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this post :)
    dont worry gurl. I'm 20 in a few months an yesterday i was watching powerpuff girls and adventure time haha

    victoriasanusi

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are so cute http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/07/fashion-small-gathering-in-seoul.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little Mermaid is one of my favorites! :) Along with Belle.. and a few more, hehe as you can probably tell I am also obsessed with Disney <3

    xoxo -B ♡
    http://msberrystylish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can anyone not be obsessed with Disney?! (: xx

      Delete