Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Face du Jour: August 6th & 7th


August 6th Makeup:
My last day of summer break, so I chose a moody looking makeup look to match my sadness over my summer ending, haha! I went with a subtle smokey eye and maroon lip.

Face Makeup:
foundation - Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup in Buff
powder - Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 04 Sandstone
blush - Rimmel Blush in Plum


For the eyes, I was just having one of those day where I couldn't be bothered with eyeliner. First, I applied ELF's eyeshadow primer in Nude all over the lid. Then I just grabbed a random palette, pretty sure the name has worn off, sadly. I chose a light, shimmery gray and placed it across the first half of my lid. Next, I chose a darker, matte gray and blended it through the crease. On the outer corner, I applied a soft black shadow and took it underneath the eye as well. Then I just curled my lashes with my trusty Revlon eyelash curler and swept on two coats of the Essence I Love Extreme Volume Mascara in Ultra Black because I wanted my lashes to really stand out.


To complete the look, I applied the Rimmel Lipstick in 124 Bordeaux lightly so that it 
looked more like a stain.

---------------------------------------------------------------------


August 7th:
Oh the beloved first day of school. Today was actually my last 'first day' because I'm a senior now...crazy!

By the way, I took these photos under a more warm toned light this morning...so I look like I've 
actually got a bit of a tan. Rare for me! haha (:

Face Makeup: 
foundation - Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup in Buff
powder - Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in 04 Sandstone
blush/bronzerELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder in St. Lucia


Eyes: 
primer - ELF Eyeshadow Primer in Champagne
eyeshadows - Kiko Makeup Milano Eyeshadow in 100 Light Gold Pearl (worn on inner lid)
ELF Eyeshadow in a shimmery, warm brown concentrated on outer corner but 
also blended upward
eyeliner - ELF Liquid Eyeliner in Black
mascara - Essence I Love Extreme Volume Mascara in Ultra Black


Lipstick - Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in 683 Demure

What are your go-to makeup looks right now? Any particular products you are loving? (: 

Au revoir,

6 comments:

  1. You're so good with makeup! I'm your newest follower :)
    Sarah x
    http://stylepreserve.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your winged liner is amazing! I really like your Revlon lipstick, it is such a pretty colour!

    http://bethanyhamilton13.blogspot.co.uk/

    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that lipstick, it's so easy to wear! and Thank you (: x

      Delete
  3. Your so pretty :) love your lipstick shades <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete